The Straight Dope
May Everest, India, and Yak Attackers
May Does Red Meat Shorten Your Life Span?
May Birthday Challenge: Nerd Style
May The Value of Boot Camp
May One Goal. One Mission. No Distractions.
May 29er Shootout: Felt Nine vs Scott Spark
May 3 Rules For Training After A Break
May Got A Case Of The Mundays?
May Asylum, Inspiration, & Adrian Peterson
May 7 Lessons For Maintaining Fitness
Everest, India, and Yak Attackers »
The Yak Attack is coming! The Straight Dope is going to be taken over for a while about an amazing trip I had this winter that I’m finally getting time…
Does Red Meat Shorten Your Life Span? »
Today I’ll shed some rationale on the wackiness that masquerades as news. It’s been a while since I’m turned a critical eye on the wires. Because of the site transition…
Birthday Challenge: Nerd Style »
“Everything in moderation. Including moderation.” – Oscar Wilde High five to the Fitness Nerd, Denis Faye, for completing his first birthday challenge. As we wandered though Redondo Beach as the…
The Value of Boot Camp »
I started a boot camp today. It’s not someone else’s but one of my own devices. I made it up because I don’t have any focus. Not to get fitter,…
One Goal. One Mission. No Distractions. »
“I like finding out what I’m made of. How hard I can push myself. Who I really am.” My friend Reba just crushed the record on the Kokopelli Trail. For…
29er Shootout: Felt Nine vs Scott Spark »
Whether to run a ultra light hardtail or sacrifice weight for cushy comfort isn’t a new question. A decade ago, 29” wheels tipped the scales in favor of an former,…
One of our targets at Beachbody is taking the excuses out of working out. All of our programs feature modifications of the movements so that you’re able to do them...
I started a boot camp today. It’s not someone else’s but one of my own devices. I made it up because I don’t have any focus. Not to get fitter,...
I’m back from Nepal and finally catching up and settling into the swing of things. Spammers are still out of control, so the blog is going to move here soon,...
Since October’s the best month of playing outside I’ll end it with one more classic ride: The White Rim in a day. I did this a few weeks back with...
Here’s another test post; a cool vid of free climbing The Titan, a giant pile of mud in the Fisher Towers in Utah. I’ve climbed here once and, as...
Here’s a cool video on running at night. Headlamp technology has become so good that darkness isn’t nearly the obstacle to adventure that it once was, and not just for...
Steve Edwards said
Day 6 of ToC Challenge: Functional warm-up (X2)\ 1:15 on the SS (h ...17 May, 2013
Steve Edwards said
Apparently if you click through to You Tube and watch it there it will ...17 May, 2013
Steve Edwards said
Day 5 of ToC Challenge: Functional warm-up (X2)\ Running drills wi ...16 May, 2013
Looking forward to reading it. :) I have now about 12-13 hours trai ...16 May, 2013
Most Popular Posts
- An Easy Guide to Proper Posture [Slideshow]Standing and sitting up straight isn't just good for your spine—it can improve your confidence and help you succeed in life. Check out these easy ways to improve your posture now. […]
- Ask the Expert: Can I Exercise with a Cold?Should you skip your workout if you're feeling sick? Or, could certain exercises help you get better faster? […]
- SHOULD YOU EXERCISE WHEN YOU'RE SICK?LES MILLS COMBAT SHAKEOLOGY® RESULTS AND RECOVERY FORMULA® […]
- 10 Popular Diet Tips to IgnoreThere's a lot of bad diet advice out there. Some of it may even cause you to gain weight! To see the best results, here are 10 tips you want to make sure you're not following. […]
- Easy Side Dish: Roasted Root VeggiesFor a quick and healthy side dish, try one of Tony Horton's favorites: roasted root vegetables with olive oil and herbs. […]