With the new training facility functional the New Year is in full swing. Hope you’re resolutions are just getting warmed up and you meet all of your fitness goals—or at least enough to keep you motivated for your pie-in-the-sky ambitions—in 2010. We’re eating more sustainably, doing enough exercise to keep the dogs fit, getting better at our jobs, and, if there’s time, will tick some more off our life’s to-do list. Here are my climbing ambitions for the upcoming year.
1. Finish Black Dynamite (first ascent): did the moves before construction season/winter set in. Have linked the three segments on my board. As soon as I can do them back to back I’ll be ready.
2. Link my mega traverse: my pie in the sky goal.
3. Dogma, or something else on Mt Wilson: since I’ve never climbed it.
4. Sheer Lunacy, or something free in Zion: since I’ve never freed a wall there.
7. Monkey’s Face: because it will get me out to see friends in Oregon and it’s one of the coolest formations in the US and I’ve never climbed it.
8. Evolution Traverse (car to car of course): because I love the Sierra and it’s one of the coolest lines ever, and a massive day.
9. Climb the three major lines on Mt Olympus in a day: because it’s a massive day in my backyard.
10. Find an amazing first ascent to do in the mountains: to keep me motivated.